Good Dental Health Starts Early
Advantage Arrest is the first Breakthrough Therapy Designation by the FDA for an oral care product.
In recent times, we are noticing cavities being developed in children at a very young age of 3-5 years. Cavities that are smaller at their initial stages can be arrested using Advantage Arrest, which means simply placing a drop of a solution into the affected area. The psychological benefits to a child who does NOT have to go under general anesthesia for dental treatment and the fear that comes along with it is monumental. It can also help a child not fear a dentist in the future when they are old enough to handle dental procedures.
What it Is:
The first-ever cavity-fighting liquid, Silver Diamine Fluoride, stops and reverses tooth decay before it appears. Halting the formation of caries (decay) in an earlier stage ultimately prevents the need for dental procedures as one gets older.
What it Does:
Restricts and reverses the progress of an already formed cavity in permanent and primary teeth. Once applied to the decaying tooth, a layer of silver protein conjugates form, which then increases the acid dissolution and enzymatic digestion resistance. The silver mimics an antimicrobial, the fluoride remineralizes and the proteins that decompose dentin stop. It stains substances that have been decayed or demineralized, helping to differentiate between the healthy and unhealthy parts of the tooth.
Benefits/ Reasons to Use:
- Ensures instant relief from oral hypersensitivity
- Helps kill/fight off pathogenic organisms
- Increases dentin resistance against acid & abrasion (by hardening it)
- Gives quick & vital reaction responses by staining visible/hidden lesions
- Helps increase acid dissolution resistance
- Increases mineral density and hardness while the lesion depth decreases
- No post-treatment restrictions/limitations
- Outperforms other related treatments
- Quick & easy application
- No more than 5 minutes
- No need for air or water, instruments, anesthesia.
- Teeth stains are indicators of antimicrobial effectiveness.
- It doesn’t polish away because the stain of the lesion maintains its dark color, creating a long-lasting antimicrobial effect.
- SDF (Silver Diamine Fluoride) stains decaying areas and soft-tissues.
- You don’t have to worry about permanent staining.
- It won’t stain healthy enamel or dentin.
- It can be reduced by gentle polishing with tincture of weak iodine solution or by being covered with Glass Ionomer.
- Stains become noticeable after a few hours.
- Staining is restricted to direct areas of contact.
- Staining fades within 24-72 hours in soft-tissue areas.
- SDF is an FDA regulated prescription medical device.
At Smile Care Dental Center, we’re always happy to help. If you have any questions or want to schedule an appointment with one of our dentists, call us at 604-744-2262!