Smile Care Dental Center now provides Soft Tissue Laser Services! Most issues that laser dentistry treats are related to the gums. Some of these include:
- Treating Canker sores and cold sores.
- Treating gum disease.
- Removing gum inflammation.
- Gum reshaping.
- Exposing wisdom teeth.
- Fibroma Removals.
These lasers are ideal for cutting into soft tissue and sealing the exposed blood vessels at the same time. In turn, this is the reason you don’t bleed much during laser dentistry and why healing is quicker after this laser treatment.
Soft tissue lasers are great for cosmetic procedures because you can begin to see results immediately. Soft tissue lasers are used for:
- Lengthening crowns.
- Dealing with restricted tongue movement.
- Reshaping the gums to create a more pleasing smile.
- Removing folds in oral soft tissues caused by dentures.
- Cheek biting issues related to soft tissue enlargements in the cheek.
- Adjust frenulum pulls
Dentists choose laser dentistry because of distinct benefits that make the procedures go more smoothly and it also reduces discomfort and healing time for patients. Other benefits include:
- Patients are less likely to require sutures
- Anesthesia may not be necessary
- The laser will sterilize the gums, making infection less likely
- Less damage to gums shortens the healing time
- Patients lose less blood than traditional surgery
Whether you’re having laser gum surgery or hard tissue work, expect an easier procedure and a shorter recovery time. Laser dentistry is a convenient solution to many oral and dental problems, whether serious in nature or simply cosmetic. Ask your dentist(hyperlink) about laser dentistry the next time you need dental work completed.